Sunday, October 17, 2010

A lost, Unpublished Manuscript of Dr. Seuss




"All Sorts of Sports. Shall I play checkers? golf? croquet? There are so many games there are to play. I could. / maybe.. / shall I.. There are so many many sorts. So many sorts of games + sports. What am I going to do today? There are so many games to play! I guess I won't. I'm all tired out. 100 GAMES & sports you can play. You can play checkers. You can play chess. Baseball. Football. Volleyball. Basketball. You can ski on snow. You can ski on water. And tiddle-de-winks. What am I going to do today. Well, that's a simple matter. Oh, that's easy. We could play. There are so many sports games to play. We could swim. I could play baseball...golf..or catch. Or I could play a tennis match. There are so many sports, let's see... I could bowl, jump hurdles, or water ski. I could blumf. Or blumf blumf blumf blumf blumf. Or blumf. Or blumf blumf blumf blumf blumf."


Dr. Seuss's Late 1960's Never-Before Known, Unpublished, Abandoned & Unfinished Very Rough & Beginning Draft of a Children's Book Manuscript Entitled "All Sorts of Sports" -- With Seuss' Handwritten Rhymes and Doodles Throughout.


Current Bid: $1,611
Lot # 193



Via @jontybell

1 comment: